OK, I've figured it out... for any other techo-losers, here's the drill:
1. download it to somewhere obvious (ie desktop)
2. Go to Settings - Control Panel - Fonts
3. Select Add Font. Browse to wherever you saved your download.
4. Select new font. It might take a whle for the 'puter to realise it's there, so be patient.
5. check the 'save to fonts' box.
6. Start typing.
It's ok i now know how to install it for windows XP users only 1.go to start 2.on the right of the pop up click on control panel 3.go into fonts 4.go to "file" and go install font 5.find where you downloaded it to and click on it then why not test it go into any microsoft office program and type "The Goodies" then pick the font!!!!! (Beleive me it's more simpler to understand then jodievdw's way of explaining it