reminder: Bill's "Cash in the Celebrity Attic" tomorrow (+ other upcoming shows)
04/01/2011 15:15 GMT
Posted by lisa
Following is a list of upcoming shows that may be of interest to Goodies fans. It's advisable to check your listings for details & to watch for schedule changes.
Please note: BBC RADIO SHOWS listed below can be heard online via each station's website (www.bbc.co.uk/radio4 or www.bbc.co.uk/radio7) and then for a week after broadcast from the BBC iPlayer (aka Listen Again), www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer. Radio shows on the iPlayer should be available for listening worldwide.
* Tues, Jan 4 - Thanks to Jeff Walker for a pointer to "A Family Business: The Chaplin Legacy" with Tim, which aired earlier today on BBC Radio 4 and is available on the BBC iPlayer at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00x3y28/A_Family_Business_The_Chaplin_Legacy/ Here's a description: "Tim Brooke-Taylor sees how the creative legacy of Charlie Chaplin lives on through his grandson James Thierree, whose new one-man show mixes acrobatics, mime, music and illusion."
* still available on BBC iPlayer - "Comedy Controller" which was repeated on BBC Radio 7 on 1 January includes an episode of "I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again" chosen by Arnold Brown. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b007jsq0/Comedy_Controller_Arnold_Brown/
* Weds, 5 Jan - "Cash in the Celebrity Attic" on BBC 1 at 14:15 is a new episode featuring Bill. Here's a listing, "Bird enthusiast, actor, musician and former Goodie Bill Oddie invites Angela Rippon and expert John Cameron into his London home, to locate collectables that can be sold in aid of endangered gibbons. Will his spare wildlife watercolours and vintage comedy scripts bring in the 500 pounds he hopes to make?
* Sat, 15 Jan - "Who Do You Think You Are?" with Bill is repeated on Blighty at 20:00 and 23:00
* Sundays beginning 9 Jan - The first series of "Hamish and Dougal: You'll Have Had Your Tea" is being repeated on BBC Radio 7 at 22:15
* Mondays - The new series of "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue" on BBC Radio 4 at 18:30 (with each episode repeated at noon the following Sunday). The first two episodes are currently available on iPlayer at http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00wr6r8/Im_Sorry_I_Havent_A_Clue_Series_54_Episode_1 / and http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00x3tvr/Im_Sorry_I_Havent_A_Clue_Series_54_Episode_2/
* Tuesdays: ABC 2 in Australia is repeating "The Goodies" at 8:00pm - watch your local listings for changes.
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/thegoodies.htm The episodes have begun once again to be available to viewers in Australia on the ABC iview player (http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/series/3097729).
* Thursdays: "I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again" (Tim, Graeme, & Bill's 1960's sketch comedy radio series which also starred John Cleese, David Hatch, and Jo Kendall) is repeated on BBC Radio 7 at 12:30 & 19:30.