Goodies radio interviews Friday, 4 November and other news
04/11/2010 21:24 GMT
Posted by lisa
With The Goodies 40th Anniversary, and the release of the new DVDs, less than a week away there's a lot of news to report! I've tried to summarize all the major news stories below. Many thanks to everyone who has contributed info - keep it coming! Corrections & updates are welcome!
1. RADIO INTERVIEWS (5 November): Bill and Graeme are scheduled to do a number of live radio interviews tomorrow to promote the new DVDs from Network (details at http://www.networkdvd.net/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=goodies&x=0&y=0). Here is the list of the ones we know about so far:
1300: BBC Radio Scotland
1415: BBC Radio Bristol
1445 BBC Radio Norfolk
1515: BBC Radio Derby
1530: BBC Radio Manchester
Two interviewers have asked fans to submit questions for The Goodies. Here are the details:
* From BBC THREE COUNTIES RADIO - Posted on The Goodies Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/thegoodies) by Schools Out: "Hi Guys - I'm interviewing the boys for my Saturday Breakfast show on BBC Three Counties Radio this week. Are there any questions you would like to ask. I will try and squeeze a couple in. All the best. Justin" You can comment after Justin's post on The Goodies Page. (His show's Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/thegoodies#!/SCHOOLSOUTWITHJUSTINDEALEY)
* FROM BBC LONDON: "I run social media for BBC London, and we'd like fans to post any question they'd like to Tim, Graeme, & Bill, for an extra Twitter audio interview that we'll do after they've been interviewed by Robert Elms on the 12th November! All they have to do is tweet @RobertElms or email email@example.com "
2. YOUTUBE: Network plans to add another YouTube clip tomorrow from the forthcoming new Goodies DVD ("The Goodies...At Last - Back For More, Again). They've already uploaded clips from "Goodies Rule - OK?" and "It Might As Well Be String". Which episode do you think will be represented next? The choices are "Cecily", "The Music Lovers", "The New Office", "Camelot", "2001 And A Bit", and "Royal Command".
3. RADIO 4 SHOW SATURDAY: A reminder that the radio show "Anything, Anywhere, Anytime" will air on BBC Radio 4 this Saturday, 6 November at 10:30am - it can be heard online at www.bbc.co.uk/radio4 (and should be available from Listen Again afterwards). Here's a listing: "On the 40th anniversary of the Goodies' television debut, Ross Noble revisits a world of giant cats, Lancastrian martial artists, rampaging Dougals and funky gibbons."
4. NEW NATURE SHOW WITH BILL: Bill appears in the new documentary series "Birds Britannia" on BBC 4. The first episode, "Garden Birds", will be repeated several times through Sunday with the second episode, "Waterbirds", airing next week. See your local listings or http://uk-tv-guide.com/show-times/770629/Birds+Britannia/Nature/ for details.
5. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS FOR NEW GOODIES BOOK: Andrew Pixley's new book, "The Goodies: Super Chaps Three" is now available for non-UK orders from the Lulu print-on-demand service at http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-goodies-super-chaps-three/13507547
UK orders can be placed through Network (http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-goodies-super-chaps-three/13507547) or Kaleidoscope Publishing (http://www.kaleidoscopepublishing.co.uk/books.html)
6. NEW VERION OF "THE FUNKY GIBBON": Bill authorized and participated in the recording of a new version of "The Funky Gibbon" to aid the IPPL's (International Primate Protection League) efforts to protect and conserve gibbons. The song is now available on iTunes for 79p; all profits go to gibbon conservation. IPPL say, "Please download the track and encourage all of your friends to download. If enough people download the track, it will get into the charts!" Here is the Funky Gibbon for Christmas No. 1’ Facebook Page: http://on.fb.me/funkygibbon
7. RETURN OF "RETURN OF THE GOODIES": The 2005 special "Return of The Goodies" will be repeated on BBC Two, Saturday, 13 Nov at 8pm. Here's a listing: "Using the classic Goodies format, this special programme brings Tim Brooke-Taylor, Bill Oddie and Graeme Garden back together to relive some of their finest moments and illustrates the history of their origins in the Cambridge Footlights, right through to the peak of their success. Including the hit single Funky Gibbon and all the classic episodes such as Kitten Kong and Kung Fu Kapers. Contributors include John Cleese, Martin Freeman, Stanley Baxter, Ronni Ancona, Hugh Edwards and Jon Culshaw."
8. THIS WEEKEND'S EVENTS: A reminder that the Goodies event in Bristol on Sunday is sold out, but that some tickets are still available for the fan organized event in Manchester (at which Tim Brooke-Taylor will be a special guest); details and information about purchasing tickets for Manchester can be found at http://goodiesparty.wordpress.com/
9. THE ONE SHOW: The Goodies appearance on "The One Show" from a few hours ago will soon be available to viewers in the UK from the BBC iPlayer at http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00vr611/The_One_Show_04_11_2010/